March 30 @ 8:00 am
Looking for a tasty take on Taco Tuesday? I’ve got it covered with this delicious twist on classic chicken tacos. Rotisserie chicken makes meal prep extra quick, or cook up your favorite recipe for diced or shredded chicken. Then, toss it together with cream of chicken soup and a packet of taco seasoning. Spoon into tacos, cover with cheese, and bake until melted.
I love this recipe because it offers all the convenience of a crowd-sized casserole with the serving-sized ease of tacos. The whole pan cooks at once, so everyone can eat at once. And the flavors here are classic, even picky eaters will love this simple meal.
Want to make even more? To feed a big crowd on budget, add black beans and corn to the chicken. It’s an easy way to boost the volume by adding plant-based protein and veggies.
Serving this up for Meatless Monday? Feel free to swap the chicken out for two cans of black or cannellini beans, diced zucchini, corn, and onions. Cream of mushroom soup can be swapped for the cream of chicken.
Check out more tasty budget recipes just like this one on our Instagram page!
Creamy Baked Chicken Taco Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
• 1 pound rotisserie chicken, shredded
• 1 (10.5-ounce) can Cream of Chicken Soup
• 1 (1-ounce) packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
• 8 Old El Paso Stand N’ Stuff Shells
• 1 (8-ounce) pouch Kraft Mexican Four Cheese
• 3/4 cup sour cream
• 1 bunch green onions, diced
• 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, stir together chicken, soup, taco seasoning, and 3/4 cup cheese. Spoon mixture into tacos and arrange upright in a 9×13-inch dish.
3. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
4. Garnish with sour cream, onions, and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!